Maritimes Tour Journal, day four: Historic places

A scenic drive to Orwell Corner Historic Village brought us to the PEI Agricultural Heritage Museum. Here, we explored a wonderfully preserved church, schoolhouse, working blacksmith shop, old barns, general store, farm, and a community hall that is still used for music performances). The choristers enjoyed seeing many goats, pigs, chickens, and horses.

Next, a stop at the oldest lighthouse in PEI, Point Prim, built in 1845. It is a brick lighthouse (look closely at the photograph). Many choristers ventured up the steep narrow stairs to take in the view from the top. #gallery-5 { margin: auto; } #gallery-5 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 50%; } #gallery-5 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-5 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } /* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */

Lunch was in Montague, and from there, a trip to Panmure Island. At the beautiful sandy beach and dunes many choristers chose to go swimming or frolic in the waves!

In the evening, the Choir had the pleasure of performing in St. Paul’s Anglican Church – built of red sandstone in 1896, and designed by famous Island architect, William Critchlow Harris. The Choir performed brilliantly for a good-sized audience. The acoustics in the building were exceptional. #gallery-7 { margin: auto; } #gallery-7 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 50%; } #gallery-7 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-7 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } /* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */

Next stops on our Tour, Cape Breton!